What is Theatre on Ice?
Theatre On Ice (TOI) is a team-structured program that combines the grace of figure skating with the excitement of theatre and dance. For more information about USFSA's Theatre on Ice program, click here. TOI is a great way to:
- Develop dramatic and artistic skating skills
- Be part of a team atmosphere
- Travel locally, nationally, and internationally
- Make new friends
- Relax while performing and competing for competitive skaters
- HAVE FUN AND ENJOY SKATING!
Who are we?
Colonial FSC's Theatre on Ice program started in 2009 with the creation of Broadway Blades. Broadway Blades are 4-time National Medalists, and have represented the USA twice at Nation's Cup, winning a pewter medal in 2011. Our Preliminary team, Broadway Bound, are 2-time National Silver Medalists, and our Open Team, Broadway Blazers, are 2013 and 2014 National Competitors.
Colonial FSC is sponsoring two TOI teams for the 2014-15 season:
- Broadway Blades -- Broadway Blades is a Junior team this year, which means that 100% of the team must have passed the USFSA Preliminary or Adult Pre-Bronze Moves in the Field Test. There are no age limits.
- Broadway Bound -- is our Preliminary team, which means that 100% of the team must have mastered the skills of USFSA Basic Skills Free Skate 1 badge test and must not have passed any test higher than Pre-Preliminary Moves in the Field. Preliminary team skaters must be 17 years or under proceeding December 1st.
What is the cost of joining TOI?
There are monthly dues in order to participate on a team. This price includes ice time, costumes, coaching fees, competition entry fees, hair and make-up, and apparel. There is a one-time, non-refundable deposit in order to secure a spot.
Broadway Bound: $135/month
Broadway Blades: $285/month